The History of Tipp & Buley
The law firm that would eventually become Tipp & Buley began in 1959 from a single home-made desk set on a staircase landing of a downtown Missoula office building. Shortly thereafter, Ray Tipp, our founding partner, teamed up with Vernon Hoven, and the firm name changed to Tipp & Hoven, and was located at 123 West Broadway in downtown Missoula. Vern stayed with the firm until shortly before his death in 1983.
Over the years several other attorneys have been associated or partnered with the firm. The firm moved to its present location on the South Side of Missoula in 1972.
Rich Buley came to the firm as a Legal Intern when he was still attending the University of Montana School of Law. Rich joined the firm as an Associate immediately after his graduation in 1981. Rich became a partner with the firm in 1985.
Bryan Tipp joined the firm in 1994. Since that time, Tipp & Buley has gradually grown to its present size of six full time attorneys. Even so, we strive to provide the same level of careful attention to the needs of our clients that we have from the beginning.